Are you a publisher of academic or non-fiction books and looking for an audio production company that can do justice to your books in audio?
Are you a membership organization or chartered institution considering different ways of adding value to your members?
Are you a non-fiction publisher daunted by the prospect of launching an audio programme?
Are you a CPD training company looking for ways to engage your students by offering your content in an alternative format?
is an audio production company specializing in non-fiction books and journals. We are experienced in working authors, both in preparation and in their own readings. Our primary objective is to produce audiobooks of the highest quality that reflect the thought and expertise that has gone into writing them. This requires attention to detail at every stage of production. Our team has years of experience as producers, broadcasters, editors, proofers, researchers, and writers. We approach each manuscript with a focus on how we can create an optimal listening experience while ensuring integrity to the text. We support our artists in ensuring that their voice is not exploited or used in connection with the development of artificial intelligence.
With access to both physical studios and an extensive home recording network, Sound Understanding is a full-service production house working diligently with our clients to meet deadlines and budgets.
What makes us different?
The production process is at the heart of our business. It is the rigor of the end-to-end process that makes Sound Understanding unique and guarantees the high quality of the final product.
Hover over the icons to discover our differentiators at each stage of the process.
1. Research and manuscript preparation
• Vast pronunciation database and resources
• Expertise in effectively converting diagrams, tables and graphs into text
• Expertise in scripting multi-voiced recordings
• Access to subject matter experts and academics
• Casting done in collaboration with the client
• Access to a wide range of broadcasters and actors
• Option to multi-cast
• All recordings, including remote recordings, are directed by a producer
• Producers experienced in working with inexperienced narrators, such as authors who narrate their own books
• Editors are highly experienced spoken-word sound professionals
• Editors work to tight deadlines when required
5. Proof listening
• Every recording is proof listened to in full to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency
• Many proofers are subject-matter experts
• Option to deliver files in multiple formats